Rebecca Trescher (born 1986 in Tuebingen) is a German based freelance clarinetist, composer and bandleader. She is one of the most interesting visionary of the European jazz scene, especially with her ENSEMBLE 11. In January 2019 she will produce her fifth album as a leader with the Bavarian broadcast station. Rebecca received many prizes and scholarships (e.g. Artist in residence in Paris, Cité internationale des arts, Bavarian state award of arts 2017). Furthermore, she composed for a 120-minute silent movie (October, Sergei Eisenstein), commissioned by the city of Nuremberg. At the moment she is composing for the Siemens Symphonic Orchestra Erlangen. She has a Master of Music degree in Jazz clarinet and composition. She is a member of different small ensembles and is looking forward to the new duo project with the greek guitarist Giorgos Tabakis, a new inspiration and exchange of musical languages, between contemporary classical music and jazz.
Prizes & awards
- 2020 Financial support of the Tentett CD-Release-Tour by the LfA (Förderbank Bayern)
- 2019/20 Artist in Residence at the Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris
- 2019 Financial support of the concert series every 8 weeks E11 by the LfA (Förderbank Bayern)
- 2018 Scholarship of the concert series every 8 weeks E11 by the Musikfonds e.V.
- 2017 Bavarian art prize with ENSEMBLE 11
- 2017, 2014, 2019 CD production with “Ensemble 11” at the bavarian broadcast station (BR Klassik)
- 2016 Artist in Residence, Künstlerhaus Lukas, sponsered by Mecklenburg-West Pomerania
- 2016, 2014 Scholarship for the “Ensemble 11” by Initiative Musik gGmbh (Support by the German Federal Government)
- 2015 Art prize by the city of Nuremberg
- 2014 Artist in Residence at the Kunststiftung (Art Foundation) of Baden-Wuerttemberg
- 2012 Sparda-Scholarship
Rebecca Trescher Tentet | Paris ZyklusTENTET
Rebecca Trescher clarinet, composition, arrangement, Juri Kannheiser cello, Andreas Feith piano, Joachim Lenhardt tenor sax, Markus Harm alto sax, Anton Mangold harp, Julian Hesse trumpet, Roland Neffe vibraphone, Peter Christof bass, Silvio Morger drums, Friedrich Betz sound engineer
Limited Edition of CD & Vinyl